There is this blank space in our master bedroom that I have always intended to make into a cozy reading nook. I confess, some of my home decor “intentions” seem to take a very long time to become reality. Does it amaze anyone else how quickly time can pass by? I mean, it’s been a year since we’ve been living in this house and I’m just now getting around to decorating this empty space! Where does the time go? Anyway…here is the blank space in our master bedroom that has been great for housing laundry piles and dirty clothes for the past year.
There are several things you need in order to create a cozy reading nook in any room of the house. They are:
- Comfortable (and stylish) reading chair(s)
- Throw or blanket for chilly nights
- Pillow(s) for finding just the right comfy position
- Side Table for holding coffee mugs (or wine glasses), and, of course, books
- Ottoman (optional) for kicking up your feet
- Small decorative accessories – plant/flowers, candle, or other small items
Put it all together in a little corner of the room, and voilá…a cozy reading nook.
Time to curl up with a glass of vino and a good book…any recommendations?
This post (and fantastic others) was featured at: