Lately, my 10-year-old son has been talking about changing the style and furniture in his room to something a little more grown-up. We starting talking about different ideas, and his eyes lit up when I mentioned loft beds and lockers. So, we are going to revamp his room in an industrial way. I love me an industrial room, so I’m feeling very inspired. I found tons of great ideas out there for creating the perfect industrial boys bedroom.
I found a bunch of great inspiration pictures online that have some common elements in them. For example, the wall colors are neutral (gray, white or beige), and the furniture is predominately wood and/or metal. I also love the combination of navy blue and gray, with orange used as an accent color.
Restoration Hardware Baby & Child has some great furniture and accessories for an industrial boys bedroom. I love this loft bed – it also comes without the bottom bed.
Another room by Restoration Hardware. Love the lockers in the back, and the metal storage bin.
I really like this next one from Pottery Barn Kids. The gray and orange combination is beautiful with the wood accents and paneled wall.
Tis next one is by Restoration Hardware again. I really like the display of balls over the bed – very fun idea.
You can buy shelves like these in the next photo from Restoration Hardware, but you can also make them yourself. We will be making our own version, which I will put in a future post.
Another great sports-themed room using pipe shelving.
I love this steel pipe bunk bed set with the navy and gray bedding!
This is a beautiful room by Holly Mathis. The light fixture is fantastic, and the use of gray and orange is such a great combination.
After all that inspiration, I set about creating a design board for my son’s room, and here it is:
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child shelves. We are planning to make our own version for much cheaper! Stay tuned.
- Lamps Plus Industrial Cage Nickel 7 1/2″ High Ceiling Light
- Navy curtains – multiple vendors
- Blueprint artwork Etsy ScarletBlvd shop
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Vintage Locker 9-Door Cabinet
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Industrial Loft Study Bunk Bed with 1 Desk
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Mini Vintage Toledo Chair
- Vintage Wire Waste basket from Organize.com
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Rug Striped Braided Wool Rug (Gray/Navy)
- Alpaca Plaid Blanket from Land’s End (discontinued)
- Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Tumble Washed Twill bedding collection in Navy
- Ikea Solsta Sofa Bed
Next step…find cheaper alternatives to the very awesome Restoration Hardware items I picked out for his room. I don’t know who is more excited about redecorating my son’s room – me or my son. Can’t wait to get started!